Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chick Ricks

I always wanted to write something abt this when I saw the first interesting rick but then I was waiting for another one to get that inspiration to a much higher level that would coax me to write something about it.

Life has been truly mundane with the same morning walk of 10 mins to catch a rick... Out of 6 whom u ask one would finally agree to take u to ur workplace. Not to forget the bargaining that goes in. As per meter it would be 70 but these buggers will ask 100 and I to stand strong will wait for even 20 mins but will go with a rick guy who goes by meter... Its the same road, same traffic, same set of ppl crossing, same shops that I see everyday. Thought of reading a book while travelling but then that didn't turn out as a good option. Amidst traffic noise I get distracted.. Then the all time support radio. But then within that 1 hour the songs tend to repeat every 2-3 days so sometimes that gets boring too... Well I come in the 20% of data taken into account for radio song listing frequency stuff. Wont blabber too much of my radio knowledge here will start getting too technical ahhaha ok so I was talking about the boredom in travel...
In these journeys to office and back home once in a while cool and chick ricks really make u smile n say sooper.... well the first rick.. complete musical theme.. nice maroon Brown n beige colour theme... damn comfortable seats like those of the theatres- push back is for next gen ricks heheh and then the back rest of the rick guy's seat was in shape of a guitar... WOW I immediately told him channagethiye... saru che in Kannada (I have learnt enough to talk n fight with rick guys thats it) ahhahah I was so damn happy to see something interesting.. maja padi gayi...

The other rick had a nice platform for Idols of God... as in just above the steering (I fail to know the correct terminology for ricks hahaha) ok so he had a nice wooden platform with Shirdi Sai bana idol in the centre with an amazing backdrop of peepal leaf shape/colour creation.. Place for agarbatti and all... Most of the ricks here will have flowers hanging but this was hatke n nice...

The third one had something which everyone knows of lights- I feel totally embarassed to sit in such ricks but... if its late in evening and nobody is ready to take u home then u dont bother much about the rick haahaha. Most of the ricks that I have seen have one light in centre blue colur n they will roam about flaunting their terrible fatela speakers haha... but this one's rick was decorated like a bride.. It was completely illuminated.. different coloured lights all blinking away to glory in perfect sync n pattern. it seemed all of them were playing chuk chuk gadi...

Such chick ricks surely make a difference while travelling (wont get into small or big difference cause its very relative)... Something nice something different and ya something to talk about... I told all the three guys super cool designs... 2 got amused.. probably none must have told them n the other one just simply smiled....

Until next blog keep smiling...
Nithya

4 comments:

  1. hehehehe...Nits you are back...

    Yes i know those autorickshaws, what you are talking about... They decorate and take care of it like their brides... okay may be more than their actual bride.
    But its nice isn't it?
    I totally agree that good Auto makes journey better and easier.

    And btw i don't think people will mind you sharing your some tech knowledge of radios and songs which came through being a RJ, How abt learning with fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about Radio I will surely write the song piece and my exp one day... none knew it was a 12 hr job.. most of them thought it was total fun :) But I am happy that I was a part of this world... now u see how senti i get when I start talking abt radio.. ahahha so just let me shut up n save for next blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are two things I like the most about the post. First, its title. It rhymes and fits perfectly to the description that follows. Secondly, the acceptance that radios do repeat songs very frequently. I have never heard such a confession from a person related to that industry. Imagine, Dhwanit confessing, "Yupe, I know, I played Himesh Reshammiya more times than the number of advertisements in a day". Ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... Rajesh I was just being Honest with things. The general assumption with radio listeners is that they would be tuned in for around 45 mins at one time. The one hooked for most of times are the remaining 20%... You know what I was amused to know that any radio station has a list of around 180 songs only playing-u r good at stats u can work it out.The frequency and repetition. This list would stay for one week and next week only the popular songs are more likely to change... well there are other in-depth fundas to this calc...

    ReplyDelete